Conference in Honolulu? I know, no one feels bad for you about this 'work trip' -- ARVO (the Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology) was just held there and the science, the venue, the food & fun with colleagues were all pretty fantastic!
I am often asked about packing for conferences and I follow a few rules (although for Hawaii, to be honest, I broke a few of them!) but still worth sharing.
1) bring COMFY tan and/or black pumps, one dressier pair and flats (if you go to Hawaii and want to hike bring tennis -- I forgot these! Argh!)
2) stick with dresses that can be work formally or casually so you don't need to change for dinner or post conference cocktails
3) try to get away with one blazer - two MAX
4) carry a comfortable handbag that isn't too big to carry to evening events (again, so you can easily transition without traveling back to your hotel)
5) carry on (broke this rule too!) because losing your luggage is awful. enough said.
Here were a few of my choices for the week including favorites from The Fold London, Ted Baker, Black Halo & Trina Turk. Nothing new so I am not linking but the designers always carry similar pieces so check them out!
Other recs? If you need to be near the convention center (or even if not) The Prince Waikiki was fantastic and the views ... well see for yourself
If you have a morning free, snorkel in Hanauma Bay or hike Diamond Head
The food in Hawaii. amazing! Check out my instagram for more but a few highlights were Piggy Smalls, Yauatcha, Ahi Assassins (middle of nowhere, but trust me) & the chef's menu at PAI